FEDERAL CLEARANCE ASSISTANCE SERVICE
FOR SELF-REFERRED CLIENTS
By registering as a client on this website, I agree to and accept the terms and conditions of THIS CONSULTING AGREEMENT (this “Agreement”) between me (Client) and the Federal Clearance Assistance Service (FEDCAS).
Whereas, FEDCAS Consultants are all former Defense Security Service (DSS) and/or former Defense Office of Hearings And Appeals (DOHA) Security Clearance Adjudicators or Security Clearance Investigators with a minimum of eight (8) years of government investigative or adjudicative experience; and
Whereas, FEDCAS Consultants have all successfully completed DSS basic and advanced training in security clearance investigation or adjudication; and
Whereas, Client is of the opinion that FEDCAS Consultants have the necessary qualifications, experience and abilities to provide professional consulting services to Client regarding federal personnel security programs; and
Whereas, Client desires the services of a FEDCAS Consultant (Consultant) and FEDCAS is agreeable to providing such services to the Client;
Now, therefore, Client and FEDCAS hereby agree to the terms and conditions set out in this Agreement.
1. Consultant’s Services.
- Consultant shall communicate with Client by telephone, email, and/or secure internet website depending on the type of consulting services rendered. Consultant shall provide Client professional consulting services in the area of federal personnel security programs support as requested. Client hereby agrees to engage Consultant to provide Client with services consisting of information on applications, investigations, and adjudications related to federal personnel security programs. At Client’s request Consultant may also provide client opinions on how these processes might affect Client and assistance in preparing various documents related to federal personnel security programs.
- Client understands and agrees that: 1) Consultant can only provide information, opinions, suggestions, explanations, and assistance regarding federal personnel security programs based on government-wide standards and policies; 2) Consultant cannot provide information on investigative techniques or procedures beyond that which is publicly available, 3) Consultant does not provide advice on methods of circumventing or gaming security vetting procedures; and 4) Consultant is not engaged in rendering legal advice. If legal assistance is required, the services of a competent attorney specializing in security clearance law should be sought.
- Client understands and agrees that neither FEDCAS nor Consultant has any control, or implies or makes any promises, on any actions that the U.S. Government may take in deciding whether a person will or will not receive a favorable suitability, fitness, credentialing, or security clearance determination. Client further agrees to not hold Consultant or FEDCAS responsible for any loses (including but not limited to employment, financial, personal, and legal) resulting from Client receiving less than a favorable suitability, fitness, credentialing, or security clearance determination or resulting from delays in the Government vetting process. Client holds Consultant and FEDCAS harmless and not responsible for any actions, taken by the U.S. Government, any employer, any prospective employer, or any person, related to suitability, fitness, credentialing, or security clearance vetting processes.
2. Consideration. In consideration for the Consulting services to be performed by Consultant under this Agreement, Client will pay FEDCAS:
- $90.00 in advance for a reply in answer to a question submitted to the FEDCAS Security Clearance Q&A Service.
- $180.00 in advance for a Security Clearance Assessment.
- $180.00 for the first hour or any portion of the first hour and $90.00 for every additional half-hour or portion of that half-hour spent on other Consulting services. If the estimated fee for other consulting services is $700.00 or less, Client will remit the total amount of the estimated fee in advance. If the estimated fee for other consulting services is greater than $700.00, Client will remit an amount approximately equal to sixty (60) percent of the estimated fee in advance and remit the balance immediately prior to delivery of the work product.
To the extent permitted by law, Consultant and FEDCAS agree to maintain the confidentiality of all personal information provided by Client. Neither Consultant nor FEDCAS will disclose Client information to any third party, except when required by law or when circumstances indicate the imminent possibility of serious physical harm to people or property or when there has been an unreported compromise of classified national security information.
4. Records Retention and Disposal.
All information, documents, and records held by FEDCAS and Consultant pertaining to Client, except for financial accounting data, will be securely erased or otherwise destroy ninety (90) days following the end of the month in which the consulting engagement is completed, unless otherwise directed in writing by client.
This Agreement shall commence upon acceptance by Client and end upon completion of the service, except that Client’s obligations under paragraph 1c (above) shall survive beyond the termination of this Agreement.